Friday, February 20, 2015

Himalayan Lavender and Cedar Handmade Salt Bar

First time I saw a salt bar was watching Soaping 101's instruction video. She made a bar that used activated charcoal and kaolin clay as the colorants. I thought it was so chic and cool. I just couldn't wait until I got the chance to make one. Here I present to you my very first salt bar. I used the same recipe as Ms. Cathy did in her video. Now I'm not selling this so I think it is ok to use.

The recipe was cut in half so I only got three bars which I think is perfect for self use. As you can probably tell by the name I used a fragrance oil called Lavender and Cedar that I received as a sample in my latest Brambleberry order. Smells beautiful!! I also used their 12 bar rectangle silicone mold. Which gave me this prefect shaped bars. I absolutely love the size of these bars. Prefect fit in my hand, and perfect shape. I didn't use clays for my colorants. I used utramarine lavender pigment and natural soap batter. The  color was of course inspired by the name but also to the fact that purple/lavender is my favorite color. :-) The salt that I used was Pink Himalayan Sea Salt tha I also got from BB.

After double pouring the mixture into the mold I thought I would leave it but I decided to do a quick Taiwan swirl to finish them off. I have to honestly say that for my first time I think I did a pretty good job. I have so many ideas running through my head for the next salt bar. Can't wait!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment