Mini Neapolitan Dessert Tray
I started by making the base soap to all my desserts. I made the colorants first, which were a deep brown to mimick chocolate, pink-red for the strawberry and white for the vanilla and whipped cream. I also made some melt and pour chocolate and strawberry squares for some toppings. Along with a melt and pour neapolitan bar to shave off for more toppings.
(My colors: TD, brown oxide, mixture of pink vibrance mica and iron oxide)
(Melted chocolate to add to the brown soap)
(I used unsweetened chocolate so that I wouldn't have acceleration)
(the mini glasses from the dollar store)
My first dessert is a Mini Neapolitan Parfait. I personally love to eat these for breakfast, but they can be change for a dessert too. I bought some little clear glasses at the dollor store. I mixed all my strawberry and chocolate "pudding" and "whipped cream" together and got to layering. In the chocolate soap I added the real melted chocolate.
Boy did this give the chocolate a real look to it. My family didn't believe it was soap! Ha Ha!
(before adding the real chocolate)
(after adding the real chocolater. YUM!!)
Boy did this give the chocolate a real look to it. My family didn't believe it was soap! Ha Ha!
(after finishing the different layers
I started with chocoloate pudding, then strawberry, and then added whipped cream. I repeated this layering process until I got to the top. I finished the dessert off with a dollop of whipped cream and some neapolitan shavings. On another parfait I added chocolate chips and strawberryy pieces.
Like I said before I love parfait and the chocolate "pudding" looked so real I deceided to make a regular chocolate cup with whipped cream on top. I added some grated chocolate soap to the top and gave a dusting of cocoa powder. Looks so yummy to me!
(All finished!!)
My second dessert is probably one of my favorites of all time, cheesecake. I used the Brambe Berry 12 cavity silicone mold to make this dessert. I made these Mini Neapolitan Cheesecake Bites with a chocolate crumb crust with a strawberry cheesecake filing with regular cheesecake swirled into it. I finished this dessert of with some strawberry drizzle and a large dollop of whipped cream.
(Strawberry soap poured over chocolate base)
White cheesecake swirled with strawberry filling, all cp)
(All finished!!)
The third dessert I made was Mini Chocolate Sandwich Cookies. These actually took two days to make. I let the chocolate soap thicken a little and I added it to a pipping bag and piped out the top and bottoms of the cookies. The next day I made some white cp soap for the vanilla cookie cream. I let it thicken and then piped it onto the cookie bottoms and sandwiched them together. Viola!
The fourth but definitely not least dessert I made is another one of my favorites. Mini Neapolitan Chocolate Truffles. These were more work then I thought I would have to do. Ha! These also took two days to make. I first poured some of the realistic chocolate soap that I made at the beginning into a mold and let it sit overnight.
The next day I whipped up some more cp soap in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla (all cp).
I took the bar of chocolate soap I made and cut it into many bites. I then took the mini bites and dipped it into the colored soap. That really didn't work for me so then I let the soap get thicker and I slowly poured it onto the bites and let it fall over the sides. To finish the truffles off I put neapolitan shavings on some, piped some chocolate on a couple, and layered some pink himalayian salt on the rest. Just like those salted truffles from the stores, YUM!!
I really liked how these turned out since they were the hardest and at first I didn't think I was going to finish them. Ha!
(Poured chocolate cp for truffle filing)
(Cut up truffle bites (right) ready for dipping)
The next day I whipped up some more cp soap in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla (all cp).
I took the bar of chocolate soap I made and cut it into many bites. I then took the mini bites and dipped it into the colored soap. That really didn't work for me so then I let the soap get thicker and I slowly poured it onto the bites and let it fall over the sides. To finish the truffles off I put neapolitan shavings on some, piped some chocolate on a couple, and layered some pink himalayian salt on the rest. Just like those salted truffles from the stores, YUM!!
(The white chocolate and milk chocolate truffles w/neapolitan shavings, pink salt, and piped ganache)
(All finished and ready to eat!!)
I really liked how these turned out since they were the hardest and at first I didn't think I was going to finish them. Ha!
So there you have it! My mini desserts all together. I loved this challenge and I have to say its my favorite so far. Thanks for stopping by! See ya next time!
-Biglady






















I love this - especially your chocolate swirls. Great idea about using unsweetened chocolate. Well done!
ReplyDeleteThank You!!! ☺☺
DeleteFirst of all, I love that you have chocolate in ALL of your desserts - my favorite!! These turned out absolutely adorable and delicious all at the same time! I'm so hungry right now!! I probably shouldn't be looking at challenge soaps before breakfast. LOL!! Really great job!!
ReplyDeleteHa ha!! Thank you so much!! I was hungry the whole time making them!! 😁😁
DeleteCool stuff. I especially like the look of your Neapolitan parfait and the chocolate pudding :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you!!! ☺☺☺☺
DeleteI love these! Did the soap to which you added the chocolate end up with a normal soap consistency? I've only just ever added dry cocoa - the melted chocolate is interesting. You did a great job!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! No, the chocolate did not change the consistency at all. It just added a pure chocolate look to it which is what I needed. It was very nice to work with. 😀
Delete